Gamerz Palace Online Game Forum!
March 28, 2024, 10:40:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Register now, and join our Game Forum!!

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Touchscreen games on PC

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Touchscreen games on PC  (Read 61 times)
shawnmichal

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:29:50 am »

This is a thread about PC games that take advantage of touch screens. It would be nice to have a list of compatible games suggested by the community. Ideally they shouldn't need a keyboard or mouse at all, but that isn't strictly necessary so long as they have well-integrated touch screen controls.
Conversely, there are some games that surprisingly do not work with touch interfaces. Endless Space, for example, is dependent on right clicks for moving ships, making an otherwise excellent game unplayable without a mouse. FTL is functional but hellish, with no spacebar for pausing and tiny crew members that expertly evade my shaking fingers while everything burns down around them.

I've noticed quite a few tablets running windows have snuck into stores lately, as well as desktop all-in-one systems. These platforms obviously aren't ideal for a lot of games, but touchscreens do open up some interesting possibilities for the wannabe artists and Star Trek fans among us. I myself recently picked up a Microsoft Surface Pro second hand which is actually pretty capable, thanks to an i5 and hd4000 graphics.

What I have discovered so far:
Crayon Physics: This is a physics puzzler where the player draws the solutions. Absolutely amazing fun with a stylus, although fingers work as well. Unfortunately a keyboard is necessary for one reason. The ESC button is the only way to access the in-game menu.

Card Hunter: A turn-based strategy\card game which you are probably already aware of if you have been reading RPS lately. I quite like playing this with the tablet lying down on the table, it adds to the board-gaming vibe. Press down on the cards for about a second to preview them. There's probably quite a few browser-based games that work with touch input, this one just happens to be really good.

That's it for now, but I'm downloading Baldur's Gate:Enhanced Edition and the new X-Com game for further experimentation. I'll give em a whirl over the weekend and report back. Feel free to add your own suggestions or or anything else touch-screen related.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

© Copyright - Gamerzpalace.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum